YMCA Brisbane Family Day Care has educators able to provide care for children in the South, South-West suburbs of Brisbane, Ipswich and Logan areas.
The Brisbane Family Day Care Scheme, previously known as the Acacia Ridge Family Day Care Scheme has been established in the community since 1983. We have a team of dedicated professional staff and educators providing a high quality child care program.
Our aim is to provide care that is of a high quality, affordable and flexible child care to the Community.
CHILDREN ATTENDING YMCA FAMILY DAY CARE ARE PROVIDED WITH OPPORTUNITIES TO:
- Learn and develop new skills and interests
- Participate in a supportive, caring and encouraging environment
- Contribute their ideas and opinions to the program in ways that are valued and respected
- Build self-confidence, a positive identity and social skills
OUR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES FOR CHILDREN ARE:
- Social Emotional - to assist children to develop self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Cognitive - to assist intellectual development, problem - solving, decision making and reasoning in children of all ages.
- Language / Creativity - to assist children to develop communication skills and have the opportunity to express themselves through music and art.
- Physical - Fine and Gross motor skills - Fine motor development will assist in small muscle control, hand/eye co-ordination, and develop pre-writing skills. Gross motor development will enhance large muscle body control and spatial awareness.
ACCESS TO CHILD CARE BENEFIT AND CHILD CARE REBATE IS AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR FAMILY DAY CARE SCHEMES.